About the Scholarship
The Alcohol.org Behavioral Health Academic Scholarship Program was started to encourage college students to make a difference and inspire change in the health field. We recognize that students who are working on behavioral health degrees face significant academic and economic challenges. This financial award helps students finish their degree and lessen their stress about how to pay for it.
We welcome all eligible students who are passionate about the behavioral health field to apply.
Application Deadline: May 30th, 2019
1st Place: $5000
2nd Place: $2500
3rd Place: $2500
- High School graduate as of Summer 2019
- The student must be enrolled in an accredited certificate, associate, baccalaureate or graduate degree as of Fall Semester 2019.
- GPA 2.5 or above
Eligible areas of study:
- Addiction Counseling
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Social Psychology
- Social Work
- Behavioral Science
- Developmental Psychology
- Public Health
- Healthcare Management
- Health Psychology
- Therapeutic Intervention
- Child and Family Advocacy
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Medical Sociology
- Behavioral Health
- Medical Ethics
- Psychology of Addiction or Substance Abuse
- Research Related to Addiction or Behavioral Health
- Other (with a behavioral health focus)
- Fill out the Application Form
- Write an Essay
- Attach and Send All Documents
The 2019 Alcohol.org Behavioral Health Academic Scholarship Program Application Form.
Date of Birth:
School Attending or Planning to Attend:
Location of School: (city and state)
Highest grade completed (12th, freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, bachelors, master, PhD, etc.):
Write an Essay:
Please answer the following essay question (no longer than 500 words):
If you woke up tomorrow and you were president of the United States, what is the first thing you would do to help with the current opioid crisis?
- Application information is accurate
- Essay is no more than 500 words
- Application and essay are attached as a single Word document
Send Submission to email@example.com
Submission Deadline: May 31, 2019
Award Announcement: June 30, 2019
Award Date: August 26, 2019
Terms and Conditions
Q: I submitted my scholarship essay. What happens next?
A: Think positive! Your essay submission will be reviewed by our committee.
Q: Do I need to contact Alcohol.org about my submission?
A: No. You will be notified by June 30, 2019 if you are a winner.
Q: Are any scholarship awards announced before August 26, 2019?
Q: If I didn’t submit my scholarship essay by April 30, 2019, is it too late to send in?
A: Yes, we will not accept submissions after scholarship deadline date.